Monday, February 1, 2010

Depressed about broken engagement

Depressed about broken engagement
I got engaged to a girl about a year back. It was arranged by my parents and like an obedient son i followed their orders. Naturally i shared this news with my colleagues and threw a party and celebrated big time but the engagement broke off after sometime. Now i had to tell the same colleagues all over again about the reasons for the engagement breaking-off a 100 times and now i am completely fed up with this.
I am very depressed and cant concentrate on anything. My parents dont understand my problem and are looking for other relations for my marriage.
I am even feeling suicidal because i am ashamed in front of my colleagues and not getting any support from parents and friends. Nobody seems to sympathesize with me and is busy doing his own thing.
Please advise. 

1 comment:

  1. Look, actually, if you look at the upside of this, isn't it good that people are acting absolutely normal around you and not treating you like an invalid or something?

    I'm sure that everyone understands how heartbroken you are but you know, life does go on, doesn't it?

    So, just go with the flow, let the past be the past and look to the future. Put the depression away and be cheerful.

    ReplyDelete